Based on one of the most popular and appreciated young adult novel of the same name, this movie is a great on screen adaptation with a really good cast.
Wallflower is someone who is separate from the crowd, specially at parties. Like our protagonist, Charlie, who has just experienced suicide of his close friend and is entering college. Life gets better when he meets two senior and starts hanging out with them. This movie tries to explore the mental state and turmoil of Charlie and how he recovers himself with the help of two new friends.
Read the book too.
- Stephen Chbosky wrote the book that the movie is based on. He also wrote the screenplay and directed the movie.
- Ezra Miller did his initial audition for the film over Skype.
- The first major role, post-Harry Potter, for Emma Watson.
- Why do I and everyone I love pick people who treat us like we’re nothing?
- We accept the love we think we deserve.
- I dare you to kiss the prettiest girl in the room on the lips. And notice I charitably said girl and not person because let’s face it, I’d smoke all you bitches.
Thanks for reading ❤