Coming from a director who is famous for adding a dark touch to his movies, this is the one whose poster you will find in every college movie club. Based on a book of the same name, this movie sure keeps you hooked.
And the strongest point of this movie is the editing. Beginning with a scene in split screen view gives the idea that you are about to see some really good story-telling. The hip-hop montages during the drug scenes gives you a sense of overwhelming addiction and loss of control. Plus, this was the movie for which the song “Lux Aeterna” was composed.
- Considered one of the “25 Most Dangerous Movies Ever Made” by PREMIERE MAGAZINE
- Director Darren Aronofsky asked Jared Leto and Marlon Wayans to avoid sex and sugar for a period of 30 days in order to better understand an overwhelming craving.
- Jared Leto lost 25 lbs and befriended real heroin addicts from Brooklyn to prepare for his role as Harry Goldfarb.
- Jared Leto stated in an interview with Rolling Stone that he would shoot up water while hanging around real-life junkies, and he said shooting up anything was intense and he would never do it again.
- Somebody like you can really make things all right for me.
- Purple in the morning, blue in the afternoon, orange in the evening.
- I know it’s pretty, baby, but I didn’t take it out for air.
Thanks for reading ❤